Progressive companies understand that having strong and engaged stakeholders leads to a healthy, sustainable, and resilient business. They focus on their whole business ecosystem, creating and optimising value for all stakeholders and they know the importance of being a good corporate neighbour.
Community outreach is particularly important for utility and construction organisations due to their direct impact on local communities. This has led to many companies having established goals for local employment and community engagement.
A2O People help our clients to achieve these goals and support the vitality of their local communities by integrating services from small and minority-owned local businesses, helping the contractors with their community liaison programmes and facilitating community volunteering initiatives. We work with our clients to understand their Corporate Social Responsibility objectives, and devise programmes to engage staff in activities that benefit the community and create positive PR.
Providing opportunities to become involved in good causes enhances employee engagement, helps organisations to be seen as a great neighbour that cares about the communities where they operate and places the business in a more favourable light with all of its stakeholders.
Examples of volunteering projects include:
• Schools facilities enhancement: including helping to create allotment areas, play areas, energy efficiency learning zones, and support safety enhancements and equipment updates.
• Habitat improvements: creating wildlife areas, and clean-up of ponds, streams and waterways.
• Enhancing community spaces.
• Sport: sponsorship, facility enhancement and event management.
• Maintaining our local heritage: working with local craftsmen to restore local buildings, be it local churches, water mills or market places.
• Engaging with museums to create new exhibitions.
• Supporting the Arts: competitions, exhibitions, construction art and engaging local artists.
• Cultural activities: supporting music, fairs and carnival activities.
We also assist in organising Outreach, and Mentoring Programmes, Work Experience placements and Partnership activities / events with local police, fire and ambulance services to improve and promote local safety.
Request a quotation: To find out more please contact a member of our community outreach team.
Become an associate: We support businesses in the vicinity of the Hinkley Point power station by helping them to connect with and provide services to EDF and their supply chain. If you are a SME or a minority, woman, veteran or disabled owned business operating in the communities around the Hinkley Point plant and would like to become an associate, we encourage you to contact us.
Helping the Hinkley Point communities and local charities: If you are a non-profit organisation and would like to send a help request or promote a local initiative please contact our Community Relations team.